18 photo reportages of eccentric and colourful interiors in Belgium, exquisitely presented in a coffee table book.
- Quality, originality and daring – these three words sum up what ‘Belgian’ stands for overseas when we’re talking about interior design – in this respect, the book can be considered s an international calling card;
- No stark or beige homes, no minimalism;
- Think lots of colours, rich fabrics, unusual yet always stylish and succesful combinations of styles and periods, even a good dose of kitsch such as stuffed animals;
- Interiors from the likes of Geoffroy Van Hulle, Lionel Jadot, Gerard Watelet and Jean-Philippe Demeyer;
- Concise, personal and informative texts – in three languages – based on interviews with the people living in these homes.
Journalist Thijs Demeulemeester specialises in design, interiors, fashion and photography. He writes on these subjects in magazines such as Weekend Knack, Sabato (in De Tijd) and Trends.
For more than 20 years Diane Hendrikx has been a much sought after interior and food photographer with quality magazines such as Knack Weekend and Nest. She is the woman behind the photos in many Luster books including Living in Antwerp and Belgian designers and their interiors.